Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 12, 2007


We are going to be decorating our tree tonight!! I am so excited to share this time with my boys and husband. I can't wait to see Benjamin's face when we light the tree! I just love everything about the Christmas season. Everything seems so much more magical during this time of the year. Especially when a toddler is experiencing it for the first time. I mean, truly experiencing it. The sounds, smells, tastes... I love Christmas carols, my favorites being The Little Drummer Boy, What Child is This, Do You Hear What I Hear, just to name a few. I love walking into the stores and you're hit with the smells of cinnamon, pine, and baked goods. And the foods during the season, yummy!! Honey-glazed ham, fudge, various Christmas cookies & desserts. And don't forget the decorations throughout town and the Christmas scenes in front yards and in the stores! We love to just drive around and see all the light displays in people's front yards. Some are so extravagent. They're beautiful. I even put lights in my boys' rooms! What a wonderful holiday. And these things don't even touch on the major reason for the Season. We get to celebrate Christ's birth and remember what a glorious gift we were given through Him. We have the happy memories to make with family & friends. Spending time with loved ones, when, in this busy world, it's hard to set aside time during the rest of the year. We get to reflect on the year past, and look forward to the year ahead and the many joys and surprises it has in store. And at the same time, we can remember loved ones who have passed before us, and share memories of times when they were with us. So as this season progresses, remember to share your love with the people closest to you. Enjoy your time together, for we never know when it will come to an end. It may be years from now, or it could be tomorrow. Let's make good use of our time on this Earth. And don't forget those who are less fortunate than yourself. Do a good deed today.


No comments: