Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Every Day Life

It's so sad to send Peanut off to school again. I don't think 2 weeks is long enough for Christmas break. I just love spending time with my kids. I hate when the breaks come to an end. I'd love to homeschool him but he really likes school and doesn't want to, so I won't force him. I just want to spend as much time with my kiddos as humanly possible. They're kids for such a little time, in the grand scheme of things. I'm greedy with my time with them. I guess I could have worse faults! haha

So Peanut's at school already this morning. Ben's sitting next to me, playing Peanut's DS. And I just put Amanda back to sleep. When I lay her down, I hold her close to me, and talk quietly to her, telling her it's night night time (no matter the time of day/night) and that she needs to lay down and go to sleep. It's amazing...she lays down, allows me to cover her up with a thin blanket, and stays still. It's so neat to watch her fall asleep. She just lays there, quietly, looking around, or just looking forward, awaiting sleep to overtake her. She's such a little Angel sent from Heaven. I just can't get enough of her. I was the same way with the boys too. I kissed them constantly, held them, cuddled with them and just basically loved all over them.
I love that the boys are the way they are now. But it's sad, too, to see those baby days pass by ever so quickly. Matt & I were talking, the other day, about how quickly the days seem to pass us today. When we were kids, it seemed like the days and years drug on and on. Our perspective changes so drastically, as we become adults.
By the way...
I hope ya'll had a wonderful New Year's! I can't exactly say mine was wonderful...at least not NYE, since Matt decided he wanted to argue the hour and a half before the new year, about stupid stuff. Other than that, my NYE was great, spending time with the kids. We had chocolate fondu with mini-oreos, mini-marshmellows, pretzels, graham crackers, and bananas. Yummy! Good stuff! We also had pizza rolls, but not with the fondu! LOL
We watched the ball drop together, the kids toasted with 50/50, while Matt & I toasted with cheap champagne, lol. Then NYD we went to Stephanie & Matt's house to have game day/night. Now THAT was fun! We played Apples to Apples & Pictionary, had dinner (lots of food!), and laughed a lot! The kids played a couple of kid-appropriate games and watched Toy Story 3 and ran around like a bunch of hooligans! Fun times! haha

I must get on with my day now! Enjoy your Monday in this new year!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are counting the days until we're back up there with family. *sniffle* I like Pictionary too....

ps. Thank you for all of the positive comments on my blog - they are appreciated more than you know.

xoxo