Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Our Christmas Eve Tradition...

So Matt & I are terrible parents. We have major organizational issues that have always plagued us. I'm telling you now...next year when anyone asks us what we want for Christmas or birthday's...I'll be telling them storage tubs and organization stations!!!!
Every year, Matt & I end up staying up, literally, all night, wrapping presents and cleaning the living room (it doesn't matter WHERE we live) and getting the tree up or finished decorating. And here we are, back at it. It's after midnight and we're trying to get this place in order so that when the kids get up in the morning, it looks like a HOME rather than a mess.
(Random side note: Amanda's in her play pen humming to "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", awwwww.)
So Matt & I will be up all night, again this Christmas Eve, to make the house the way it should be for the kids. Which means tomorrow we'll be exhausted and running on empty while visiting everyone. Which means Matt will be grumpy and I will be irritable with one another. Sigh.
Will we ever learn?? Sometimes I don't think we will, but then I think, but there's next year, to make the necessary changes! And then next year rolls around and we're in the same position as previous years.
Soooo....back to work I go! Have a Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe and enjoy the time you have with loved ones. Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We went "Christmas" shopping for a new mop, Clorox wipes & new washclothes last night. A clean/organized home is a happy home... at least that's what I've heard, I wouldn't know from personal experience.

;)