Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Quick Update

Not sure I can keep this "quick", but I'm going to try, because of the time. Sooo...I haven't updated since September and A LOT has happened since then. The main thing being that God has blessed us with another pregnancy! It was a HUGE shock to us, however! We weren't trying, not in the least. NOW is NOT the best timing for us, but God has HIS own timing! It has taken a while to adjust to the thought of another baby. With all of the stuff we've been going through with Ben, we really just wanted to wait a while yet, before adding to the family. But I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, soooo....I must be able to handle this!

Nathaniel is SUPER excited and DEMANDING a baby sister...as if I have anything to do with that! lol Benjamin is ADAMENT against having a baby! He wants NOTHING to do with having a baby in this house. Of course, I'm not sure how much he truly understands, but he says "no baby" and "no baby house", so I guess we'll just see! Ben is used to being the baby of our household and I don't think he's going to adjust very well, quite honestly. We're going to do everything in our power, though, to help him cope and not feel lost in the shuffle.

Another big thing, not a good thing, but a big event is that we lost our house due to foreclosure. There was absolutely nothing we could do to avoid it and it is what it is. So right now we're in limbo, of sorts, not sure where we're going to live. Right now, we're still in the house. We're waiting to hear from the bank, to see if they'll rent the house to us. I really don't want to pack and move during this pregnancy, given what happened the last time. If we could rent the house for a year or so, it'd be so helpful to us. Then we could switch the boys' rooms around. Nathaniel would take Ben's smaller room so that we could put Ben and the baby in the bigger room together. Nathaniel is all for that as long as he gets a room of his own, lol. Being the oldest, and being that there's so many years between the boys, I feel it's only fair that Nathaniel get his own room for now. Should we have a girl, then, obviously, that will change later down the road. If not, then the two younest will always be able to bunk together.

Another huge thing in our lives is that Matt & I have entered marriage counseling with our Associate Pastor at our church. We're very excited about where this will lead our relationship with one another, and with God. We're attending a Marriage Conference at our church over Valentine's Weekend, that we're both excited about. It should be a huge learning experience for both of us. I've already seen small improvements in how Matt speaks to me. Out of the blue, the other night, when he called me from work, he thanked me for washing the laundry! He's NEVER done that before. I was shocked, and said something to the effect of "what was that for". He said he knows he never thanks me for doing the laundry and that it's a big task and he never helps, so he thought he should say 'thank you'. It was super sweet and a really nice surprise. It was just something so simple, yet it made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside.

Speaking of Matt, the poor man is so sick right now. He was sent home from work today, half way through his day. He's been running anywhere from 102 - 104 fevers. He's going to Urgent Care tomorrow, to get checked out. He was going to go tonight, but when he came home, he totally crashed on the couch, and has been there all night. He looks awful. He NEVER gets sick, but when he does, he gets it good. Usually he kicks it in a day or two, tops. But this has been almost 5 days now! I'm getting worried! Especially since both boys just got over bronchitis and pneumonia. Yeah, it's been fun in the Plaster household! ha! As long as they don't get me sick! That's ALL I need!!

I know I left out a lot. Thanksgiving, Christmas, details about the pregnancy. I promise to get to them in the upcoming days. I just can't tonight. I have church in the morning and I need my sleep!!

Blessings!

No comments: